Beneficial herbs and why
1. ASTRAGALUS-According to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’s research, astragalus inhibits tumor growth, thwarts tumor spreading, reduces the immune-suppressing effects of chemotherapy, and may enhance the effects of platinum-based chemotherapy drugs like cisplatin and carboplatin.
2. NAN SHA SHEN – One study injected the herb into the peritoneum and reported a reduction in inflammation, vascular permeability and cancer-promoting compounds.
3. GAN CAO – clinically proven to expectorant that accelerates mucus secretion. (Source: WHO)
4. OLDENLANDIA DIFFUSA – has anti-cancer and chemo-preventive effects. The herbs can kill cancer cells, stimulates the immune system to hunt out and destroy tumor cells.
1. TURMERIC/CURCUMIN – with polyphenol, this spice has been clinically proven to retard the growth of cancer cells.
2. FENNEL – loaded with phyto-nutrients and antioxidants. It has Anethole that can restrict and resist the adhesive and invasive activities of cancer cells.
3. CUMIN SEEDS – with antioxidant properties, cumin seeds contain a compound Thymoquinone that checks proliferation of cells responsible for prostate cancer. Chew the seeds at the end of every meal, or take it as a snack.
4. SAFFRON –a natural carotenoid dicarboxylic acid called Crocetin, the primary cancer-fighting element present in saffron.
5. CINNAMON – a source of iron and calcium. Useful in reducing tumor growth, it blocks the formation of new vessels in the human body. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in your meal per day.
6. OREGANO – Quercetin compound present in Oregano, a phyto-chemical that restricts the growth of malignant cells.
7. CAYENNE PEPPER/CAPSAICIN (CHILLI PEPPERS) – famously known that contains anti-cancer properties, it induces the process of apoptosis that destroys potential cancer cells.
8. GINGER – known for its powerful medicinal properties, ginger can boost metabolism and kill cancer cells. Add ginger in your meal, or chew directly.
9. INDIAN BLACK SALVE (BLOODROOT) –a potent herb that is recognized in the natural health community as being effective as a treatment for ovarian, breast, bladder, bone cancer. Mixing a small amount of Indian salve paste in water and drink directly in a full stomach, once or twice a day.
1. MILK THISTLE – and its seed can help flush away acidic toxins that can bind to the liver. It can protect the alkaline interstitial fluid.
2. FEVERFEW – a NEW YORK university study found that this plant can kill leukemia cells better than the actual cancer medication.
3. WHEATGRASS – It will help purify the blood from dietary and/or metabolic acids, improve blood and lymph circulation, increase the oxygen levels in the microenvironments. Consume 1 shot glass of wheatgrass juice every day.
4. RUSCUS ACULEATUS – known as Butchers Broom, can fight cancer due to its active ingredients; ruscogenins.
5. SHEEP’S SORRELL – it helps tissues rebuild and get back to the condition that they were in before the cancer and medications.